Saturday, May 5, 2012

FCBD Enjoyment

Today, my family and I went to Comic Store West for Free Comic Book Day. As expected, we weren't disappointed!
FCBD logo
First, the store was PACKED. When I first entered, I would say there were a dozen people in line.

Second, the comic book selection was excellent, especially for kids. The store had a bunch of comics left over from previous years in addition to this year's offerings.

Third, the store had a Marvel comics trivia contest. I watched person after person go down in flames but I felt pretty confident myself. More on that in my next post.

Fourth, the store was having a screening of all of the Avengers movies. Very nice!

Fifth, the store had a tent and was offering hot dogs, chips and soda for the GREAT price of $2 TOTAL. Wow! What a great bonus! I could feed my whole family for $8!

Sixth, CSW had a Heroclix game demo based on the Avengers movies (it was a 600 point battle - Thor, Banner (Hulk), Iron Man, Black Widow and Hawkeye taking on Loki and a bunch of Skrulls (the 616 version of the Ultimate Shitari) on top of the Stark Tower playmat with a Cosmic Cube thown into the mix. SWEET!

Anyway, here's what we ended up taking home:
Smurfs/Tinkerbell
Yo Gabba Gabba
Dangerous Animals
Top Shelf Kids
Avengers
DC's 52
Star Wars/Serenity
Mouse Guard hardback book (not pictured)
2 Thor Heroclix
1 Green Lantern Heroclix

Not a bad haul for FREE! The kids loved it. Thank you, Comic Store West!

No comments:

Post a Comment