Friday, August 3, 2012

Amelia Rules Vol. 8: Her Permanent Record

I'm a huge fan of Amelia Rules.

These books find that rare ground where both kids and adults can read them and like them. There is a bunch of things in them that I'm sure going right over kids' heads (such as the name and slogan of Amelia's school) but kids can really relate to the realism of Amelia's story.

Volume 8: Her permanent record has just been solicited. According to the article in Previews, Jimmy Gownley says this will be his last Amelia Rules book! I can't believe it! I won't believe it! I've met and spoken with Mr. Gownley extensively and he told me he had plans for Amelia into and through high school (which would be, like, 50 books or more - time does slowly pass for Amelia and her gang.). If it is true, it's sad news indeed.

If you've never read any of the Amelia Rules books, I suggest you check them out. Volume #5: The Tweengage Guide to Not Being Unpopular is actually a good place to start. You can find them at any public library worth its salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment