Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Real World "Star Wars" Moment

Recently, when my daughter was being born, I was walking the hallway of the hospital and I had a real double-take moment. I saw a robot or a "droid" if you will traveling down the corridor of the hallway! I looked around to see if anybody was controlling it but I didn't see anyone. I stopped a nurse and asked her about it. She said it was a medicine delivery robot and it was fully automated. It traveled the hallways freely and did its job on its own. Wow. I walked away thinking how close we are to actually having droids like in Star Wars. Where's my R2 unit to serve me beverages?

1 comment:

  1. To serve drinks, and secretly stash weapons. The irony is that it distributes medicine. Our first droid is a drug dealer.

    ReplyDelete