Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What I'm Playing - Rolemaster (Long Term Campaign)



Right now I'm in the middle of a long term Rolemaster campaign run by Sam. Mr. Grimes, my Paladin, is currently 6th level. I'm by no means a Rolemaster, um, master, but I'm finding this complex system is growing on me. But MAN is this system deadly! So far, we've had a broken hip (-75% to all actions, 20 days healing), a leg injury (-30% to all actions, 8 days healing), two spell backfires (1d10 WEEKS of coma, loss of spellcasting ability for 10d10 weeks), and whole-body nerve damage (-90% to all actions, 28 days healing). We routinely get owned by even low level creatures. It makes you think twice before charging into battle!

The story so far...
Mr. Grimes has hooked up with Marco the paladin. A rotating door of other adventurers have come and gone since we began playing but Marco and I are the solid core. After thwarting aggressive frog-men from taking over a village, Marco and Mr. Grimes headed into a city where the Baron's daughter is about to be married to a neighboring city's Baron's son. Things don't add up, however and both the bride to be and her fiance are killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment