Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Netflix, Netflix - Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?

I am a Netflix subscriber. I love Netflix! For $15 a month I get two disks in the mail and unlimited streaming! Wait? What? PRICE HIKES? That same plan is now going to cost me $20 a month! YIKES! That's a 33% increase! An extra $60 a year! I see no way to justify this great of a price increase especially since I've already had my rates raised in the past year!

While I'm not going to cancel my Netflix, I may cancel streaming to reduce my bill a bit. Netflix beware - you are treading on thin ice. With lots of other options out their such as Apple, Amazon, Blockbuster, and Hulu you aren't in the unique position  you once were.

At this point I could BUY a new DVD each month for the price I'm paying for Netflix. Consider used DVDs on eBay and it might be closer to three or four DVDs.

Beware, Netflix! And tread lightly.... preferably as you backstep your way back to $14.99 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment