Sunday, July 24, 2011

1LR's New Banner

As I explain in the "About 1LR" page, 1LR is named so because of the lost gaming piece from my 5 and 6 player expansion to Settlers of Catan - namely, one brown road. You're supposed to have 15 brown roads but I only have 14. So every time somebody plays brown, I've got to say, "You're missing one brown road. If you need to build a fifteenth road, we'll use a toothpick or something." This is somewhat annoying to me.

I wanted to immortalize the brown road in our banner.

First of all, do you know how hard it is to take a picture of something that's the size of half a toothpick AND dark brown? When it is blown up on screen it looks like a out of focus piece of excrement. That's not the look I was going for.

SO, I had to draw reinforcing black lines on it to "beef up" the edges and make them more defined. THEN, I wanted to put a little text in the banner as a way of continual explanation to all newcomers to 1LR.

I'm pretty happy with the end result - it's not perfect but good enough for right now. I'm sure I'll replace it at some point. But that's what 1LR is all about - searching for something. A brown road, a great game, a good gaming group... whatever it is.

I'll see you... on the road.

The new banner...

No comments:

Post a Comment