Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aerial Dogfight to End All Dogfights

This news story is from John C.

At Origins convention, a group called The Buckeye Gamers in Flight attempted to set a new world record for the most gamers playing a single board game simultaneously. The game they're going to be using is Wings of War which they hope to have 100-140 people playing. It's everyone for themselves, fight to the death, last man standing.

To me, this SOUNDS like a really cool idea but I would be surprised if it wasn't anything but a total mess, especially considering the rules for elevation and overlapping planes. Also, they're trying to set the world record for a BOARD GAME. Is WoW a board game? I wouldn't call it that. I would say it is a miniatures game.

Here's an idea of what the table might look like with all of those planes:


This reminds me of the "grand melee" playing format for the Magic: The Gathering Game in which literally hundreds of people play simultaneously.

Were you there? Did you see it? Did you play? If so, contact 1LR and let me know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment