Thursday, May 31, 2012

Google Maps Warns Against Walking Into Mordor

Oh, Google. Yes, you're a wonderful company that produces tons of very useful software. But it's your personality I love.

Like this nugget - if you ask Google Maps to give you directions from The Shire to Mordor while walking, this warning appears on the screen:


Want to check it out for yourself? Go ahead.
We didn't have Google back in my day to supply fancy maps, I can tell you that much. We wandered around the forest encountering all sorts of things like orcs and spiders. My worthless dwarven traveling partners weren't much help either, I can tell you that. And then we finally got to where we were going and some NPC you've never heard of kills the dragon with one arrow. ONE ARROW! I'm not kidding either! That guy open ended his crit like twelve times in a row. You could roleplay for the next five hundred years and not see something like that again. And we did it all without Google Maps, we did. So there you have it. I've told my story of how I got there and back again. And no Google Maps to be found anywhere in it, was there? Nope. Certainly not. Now I'm sleepy. Let an old man rest. Away with you. Shoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment