Friday, May 25, 2012

1LR Midnight Movie: Men in Black III Fanboy Experience

Pretty empty, right?
Does Men in Black have fanboys? I don't know. I've been to quite a few midnight shows and this one was pretty sparsely attended. Here's the theater I was in:

Still the Frank Theatre had some special events. First, they actually filmed a special "trailer" using footage from the movie and footage they took themselves at the theater to promot their special MIB3 party on May 26. This party will include an alien costume contest, petting zoo, car show, BBQ, and more. That sounds kinda cool for a theatre to do.The theater also had a drawing tonight. It was a "guess the number of swedish fish in the jar" contest with the prize being a gold fish. How does this tie into MIB? There's a throwaway line in the movie about fish. Weak link, but still pretty cool. The best was the crashed ship the theater had constructed complete with flashing lights and yellow tape. I'm going out on a limb but I'm guessing the theater manager is a big MIB fan.
Party flier from the theater
MIB drawing for a fish? FLUSH!
I only saw one brave fan dressed up. She even had a gun. BRAVO, MIB fan! I guess MIB fan...er...girls do exist!

Very cool fangirl in MIB costume!
Crashed alien ship with flashing lights!








No comments:

Post a Comment