Friday, May 25, 2012

1LR Midnight Movie: Men in Black III Instant Reaction

I just got back from the midnight show of Men in Black III.

No subliminal message here.
Overall, I've got to say I was pleased by the film. It's a time travel film, of course, and I have a big soft spot in my heart for time travel. The tone of the movie seemed more serious than the first two films. MIB3 comes across as being more serious. In the first two movies you never really consider that Agent J or Agent K will die because all of the violence is very cartoony. In fact, in the cartoon series Agent K's false death was a running joke. The movie starts out with Zed's funderal and the hook for the whole storyline of his movie is Agent K's death so it puts everything in a more somber mood.

Not that the mood change is all bad. Like I said - I liked it. This film actually has a real villain that poses a real threat - something the first two lacked.

But don't worry - there are still a bunch of jokes thrown in there and fans of MIB won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment