Saturday, November 19, 2011

Geek Gear: Air Mags (Back To the Future II Nike Sneakers)

Air Mags as seen in Back to the Future II

Don't you love it when a film is made set in a future year and when we finally get to that year reality is nothing like the movie? Where are the manned flights to Jupiter as depicted in 2001: A Space Odyssey? Well, while that tickles my funny but I enjoy it even more when a movie set in the future actually predicts the future or, even better, shapes the future.

Thus, I present to you: The real world Air-Mags, as made in limited quanity by Nike!


Don't look to get your hands on a set of these, however. Nike only made 1,500 pairs and auctioned them off to raise money for Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's research foundation.

Oh well. Maybe by 2015, the year Back to the Future is primarily set in... I'm no slave to fashion but I've got to say that I'd drop 150 bucks or so on a pair of these bad boys! I wonder if they really auto-lace...

No comments:

Post a Comment