Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gaming Notes: Blokus #2

After my first taste of victory and having come so close to using all of my pieces, I wanted another try so I played my brother-in-law (Mike), Caleb my nephew, and my mother again. Since I trounced them the first game, surely I can do it again, right?

Blokus board game
This time I started by cutting a diagonal across the board. I did that until my mother and Mike conspired to cut me off so I doubled back toward Caleb. From my first game I got the idea of how to block so I threw in some good blocks along the way, effectively eliminating Caleb and Mike from the game. I all came down to my mother and I.

She was more cutthroat than I thought she could be. She viciously cut me off, leaving me to pick through the wreckage of the board in search for victory. Meanwhile, she easily sailed through the vast empty space she somehow had reserved for herself.

It looked like it was going to be a close finish when Caleb said, "Grandma, I see where you can use a bunch of pieces!" and proceeded to show her a path where she could infiltrate the area I had thought out of her reach. So, although it took two of them to do it, they did defeat me. Drat!

No comments:

Post a Comment