Sunday, September 9, 2012

Geek Gear: Marvel Dolls

Tonner Marvel Doll Collection
What's the difference between a doll and an action figure? Especially when the same characters have been made into both?

I would say that an action figure is designed for "rough play" and recreating battle scenes and the like. You don't dress up an action figure.

A doll, on the other hand, is more about fashion and hair than fighting.

Enter Tonner's Marvel Doll Collection. Tonner has many doll lines including Harry Potter.

This line includes Black Cat, Elektra, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Rogue, and more. Essentially, you have Barbie but dressed up as your favorite super heroes.

While I personally can't see myself buying any of these dolls, I thought the development was noteworthy and wanted to report it to my faithful 1LR readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment