Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Next Solo LARP

This is an announcement of the upcoming Solo LARP meeting. It will be at my house next Thursday from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. Of course, you're not invited but I thought I'd let you know about it in case you wanted to announce your own Solo LARP meeting.
FYI - I'll be playing the role of a man sleeping. If you see me playing this role, please don't talk to me because, you know, it is SOLO LARPing. That and it would be just creepy to see you in my house at one in the morning.

As you know, my last Solo LARP didn't end well. The mall security didn't understand that I was just PRETENDING to be a shoplifter! When I tried to bribe them with in-game money, that's when they really lost it. Don't tell anybody but I think one of them was Solo LARPing as a guy who's breath doesn't stink. But he wasn't too successful if you catch my drift! Lucky for me, I consulted with the rules judge and he allowed me to transfer my essence into another one of my characters, the psychotic track and field star, who pummeled he way out of there and then ran like the dickens!

Solo LARPing is gratifying because you really feel like you're a member of the community. This movement is so widespread, it's hard to ignore it. Don't we all pretend to be someone we're not? We all put on the happy face and pretend everything's okay. We all invent a version of ourselves we want people to see. Just don't LARP as a dog. You'll get strange looks. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment