Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Comic Store West's Backroom Sale

Comic Store West's recent "Backroom Sale" was a bit of a misnomer because it wasn't just the junk from the backroom that was on sale - ALL of the comic book back issues were $2 a pound! Wow-Wee-Mama!

Needless to say, my knees buckled, my palms became sweaty, and I began to salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs. Thoughts ran through my head like, "Scott, you could get current on all of the comics you've missed over the last few years! It wouldn't cost much..." But, I resisted the urge. Instead, I stuck to my mission - buy comic books for my children and my nephews and niece. I wanted kid-friendly comics so I really had to dig through the piles.

I ended up stopping in all three days of the sale. I stopped in Friday to the preview so I could grab some deals while they were still around. Turns out, 15 minutes late was far too late to get any board games! Next time I'll get there on time!

I dropped by again on Saturday because I thought to myself, "You know, you really should have scored some more of those kids comics! They're so cheap!"

And then I stopped in Sunday as well. Sunday was "Make-an-offer" day where comics could be even cheaper than $2 a pound. I got an entire short box + 13 pounds for around $35! Sweet!

In the end, here's the final result of my self control:



And, YES, this WAS showing self-control. I'd estimate I got a couple hundred comics and my total bill was probably around $50.00. I'd call that pretty darn good.

Comic Store West's sale was one of the best I've ever seen. They didn't just put out junk - they had something for everyone, from mainstream superhero books to small press, from fresh-off-the-rack comics to some pretty old stuff. 

Next time CSW has a big sale like this, I'll be sure to arrive on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment