Thursday, January 26, 2012

Star Trek: Fleet Captains - Gaming Notes

Awhile back, Sam, John, my son Ben and I played Star Trek: Fleet Captains. This is a $100 game but I've got to say - I just didn't think it was worth the money. There are way too many completely random elements to the game and tons of little modifiers and counters to keep track of. Ultimately, it wasn't very fun. Not to say I didn't win! I know I'm doing well at a board game when Sam gets mad at me and says, "I've never seen anyone do that before!"
So, needless to say, I assembled my federation vessels into a massive fleet and systematically wiped his Klingon ships off the map, even hunting them down and destroying them after they cowardly tried to cloak and flee. The lamentations of Klingon women are particularly sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment