Saturday, January 7, 2012

D&D1e (OSRIC) Gaming Notes: Worst Party Ever?

So, if you've ever played 1st Edition Dungeons and Dragons you know that you've got to build your party very carefully. If you have four members in your party you should have a fighter, cleric, magic user, and thief because each of these classes bring a unique skill to the party.

Well, when we created our party the other week we ended up with... none of those. Seriously. INSTEAD, we have a Paladin, Barbarian, Druid, and Ranger (all human).

So there's no detecting or disabiling traps. There's no detect magic. There's no healing. We have a couple of meat shields and a ranged attack but without someone to heal them what good will they be?

This might be an interesting campaign... I think I'll start generating my backup character already.

I'm the paladin. One highlight for me? I'm the only party member with a natural 18 statistic! SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment