Friday, February 24, 2012

Gaming Notes: Dominion

Wow, have I been playing a lot of Dominion lately. I got this game for Christmas and I've probably played 40-50 games since then. The replayability on the game is through the roof due to the card-selection mechanic.
The last time I played was with the guys over at Keystone Gaming Society. Sometimes, I wonder why I torture myself in trying to teach them new games. Granted, often experience is the best teacher when it comes to board games, but KGS seems to want to hurry up and get started without fully understanding the game and then complain about how their lack of understanding limited their enjoyment or success.

We played with the beginner setup. My strategy was to buy very few action cards - at the end of the game I only had five. Instead, I purchased silver and gold when I could. By the time KGS realized I was quickly scarfing up victory points, it was too late.

Nobody likes it when the guy who brought the game wins and KGS voiced their displeasure. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I really took it easy on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment